Would you like to play with us?
As a Game Designer focused on the game economy @Whatwapp, your main responsibility is to understand how the game works and study user’ motivation and behavior. You will be expected to guarantee maximum fun for our players while increasing the main app KPIs such as retention and LTV. You will work to improve the game’s financial performance by managing the overall game economy and providing constant data-driven recommendations on design, price point definitions and fine-tuning of currencies.
1) Pre-feature analysis, design document and post-release analysis;
2) Drive new initiatives and explore new ways to encourage players to invest in our game in order to enhance their overall experience.;
3) Constantly consult data and monitor the overall game economy in order to find potential issues and spot new opportunities of improvement;
4) Balancing virtual products by building monetization loops – identify needs and relationships among all the available items creating sale drivers for the user;
5) Have a holistic monetization strategy aiming at improving user retention and LTV while guaranteeing our players the maximum fun;
Soft skills that you master
1) Ambitious achievement orientation – You are ambitious and are driven to accomplish goals;
2) Building a safe environment – You are an active listener and your main concern is to maintain a “safe space” for the team, in which people can freely express themselves;
3) Continuous Feedback – Understand the importance of giving and receiving honest feedback in order to boost learning, performance and trust for everyone;
4) Problem Solving – Sh*t happens, right? The important thing is to assess your options, take a decision and learn from it, so to prevent it from happening again;
5) Quality Orientation – You are a very precise and detailed oriented person, and you truly believe that our users deserve the best games possible;
6) Teamwork – We believe that cooperation and transparency are the main ingredients to cook the “success recipe”. You leave your ego out of the door and let the bigger purpose guide you;
7) Innovation – Generates creative ideas and perspectives into vision&strategy discussions;
8) Creative Thinking – You are bursting with ideas, you think out of the box, you don’t get too comfortable. You devise new ways to carry out tasks, solve problems, reach goals;
9) Industry Knowledge – Demonstrates an understanding of industry knowledge and trends;
10) Understanding Data – It is ok to follow your gut, as long as you have looked at the data, have understood it, have checked it twice and you take a critical and informed gut decision;
Technical Skills to boost your game:
1) At least 2+ years of experience as an Economy Game Designer or Economy Balancer Experience with multiple aspects of game design discipline: concept, game progression, combat, interface, monetization, and retention Modeling;
2) You are able to simplify complex systems and to identify what primary and subordinate economic loops;
3) Strong analytical abilities and able to synthesize game systems and mechanics to improve game features and systems Excel mastering;
4) Passion about playing mobile free-to-play games Plus You know how to use VBA, Python or any other scripting language;
5) Statistical skills: you are able to formulate ratios and indexes and you know that you can’t just look at averages to form an idea about the economy performances;
Power-ups to have more fun
- Smart Working policy.
- A young, dynamic and friendly work environment in which you will have the opportunity to grow personally and professionally, thanks to our amazing team.
- Amazing HQ office in the center of Milan (M2 – Stazione Garibaldi).
- English courses provided by a native teacher (related to your english level)
- Monthly Product/Design/Marketing/Tech panels to be aligned with all departments’ results.
- Amazing workstation with the latest MacBook Pro and a Display Screen (Whatever makes you work better is welcome!)
- A topnotch contract proposal.
- Ticket restaurant when working from the office.
- Free Water & Coffe; once a month pizza lunch all together.
- Flexible work hours.
- Internal Team Building events.
- Relax Area with Sofà, Fooseball Table, and Board Games.