Would you like to play with us?
Data Analyst at Whatwapp, will work across teams to investigate, understand, and present insights into our data. This figure must be proactive in preempting business needs, with the goal of using data to help the company make better decisions.
The Data Analyst will support the business in areas such as:
- Designing and evaluating experiments (A/B testing)
- Creating a streamlined and impactful reporting/dashboard structure (our BI tools of choice are Preset and Grafana)
- Defining and assessing the impact & significance of metrics (what to look at, how to look at it, and why it may have changed)
- Assisting in the creation and interpretation of predictive models (e.g. customer segmentation, LTV, churn)
- Automating analyses via an SQL and python-based ETL pipeline framework
This role should combine good business understanding with solid technical/analytics skills, and thus the figure must be able to relate well with the product, management, and marketing.
The Data Analyst should have familiarity with Business Intelligence tools (Tableau, Domo, PowerBI, Looker, Preset, Grafana, or similar), and should also be able to contribute to data governance.
This figure should have technical experience in:
- SQL (and relational databases)
- Python or R
- Scikit learn
- End-to-end understanding of data pipeline
- Version control and deployment strategies
- Fluent English
- Basic AWS infrastructure (S3, Athena, Lambda, EC2)
Soft skills that you master
- Industry Knowledge: you are up-to-date on the latest trends both in the gaming industry and game production
- Initiative: You are self-motivated and very proactive, being able to make decisions based on product priorities
- Ambitious Achievement Orientation: You are ambitious and are driven to accomplish goals; Your approach influences and motivates other team members
- Building a safe environment: You are an active listener and you do your best to maintain the “safe space” in which people can freely express themselves; You are able to influence other team members’ behaviors and actions
- Continuous Feedback: You understand the importance of giving and receiving honest feedback in order to boost learning, performance and trust for everyone
- Innovation: You propose creative ideas and offer interesting perspectives during discussions; You, with the Producer, lead the team discussion
- Problem-Solving: Sh*t happens, right? The important thing is to assess your options, make a decision and learn from it, so as to prevent it from happening again
- Quality Orientation: you always try to develop and release the highest quality work possible
- Teamwork: We believe that cooperation and transparency are the main ingredients to cook the “success recipe”. You leave your ego at the door and let the bigger purpose guide you
- Operational Planning: You translate features into technical tasks, manage the release schedule according to Producer planning and have a key role in resolving possible dependencies between technical requirements, tasks, and activities
- Work ethic: You act with honesty and integrity and exhibit hard work and diligence
- Detail orientation: You perform work with care, accuracy, and attention to detail
Technical Skills to boost your game:
- Coding proficiency in SQL and Python (or R)
- Familiarity with BI tools (e.g. Tableau, Domo, PowerBI, Looker, Grafana, Preset)
- AB testing
- Basic AWS infrastructure for pipelines and similar
- Basic understanding of development workflows
- LTV, retention, and conversion modeling
- Segmentation and clustering analysis
- UA attribution and performance models
- STRONG PLUS: background as a DS
- Proactivity and curiosity
Power-ups to have more fun
- Smart Working policy.
- A young, dynamic, and friendly work environment in which you will have the opportunity to grow personally and professionally, thanks to our amazing team.
- Amazing HQ office in the center of Milan (M2 – Stazione Garibaldi).
- English courses provided by a native teacher (related to your English level)
- Monthly Product/Design/Marketing/Tech panels to be aligned with all departments’ results.
- Amazing workstation with the latest MacBook Pro and a Display Screen (Whatever makes you work better is welcome!)
- A top-notch contract proposal.
- Ticket restaurant when working from the office.
- Free Water & Coffee; once a month pizza lunch altogether.
- Flexible work hours.
- Internal Team Building events.
- Relax Area with Sofà, Foosball Table, and Board Games.