Would you like to play with us?
Whatwapp is growing fast and in order to keep up with it our platform must be able to adapt as quickly as possible to any company change and to the evolution of the technologies. In order to achieve this our developers must be able to focus only on the development and so having a stable and reliable CI/CD pipeline is going to be crucial for our platform, from the infrastructure to the most complex API.
As a DevOps Engineer, you will take responsibility for evolving and maintaining the CI/CD system for our Infrastructure, APIs, UIs and Data processes.
It’s important that this role has experience in writing APIs using NodeJS+Typescript in order to get on-board on existing projects and to better adapt them to the CI/CD pipeline.
Moreover knowledge of EKS is required.
What you are going to do:
- Build and maintain a unique pipeline for CI/CD
- Setup our internal APIs to be CI/CD ready
- Collaborate in maintaining our existing APIs
- Support the games teams in building and maintaining their CI/CD
What you should aim to accomplish with us:
- Setup a CI/CD process (including status metrics) and configure the active projects to use it (both prod and dev)
- Setup a centralized authentication mechanism for all our APIs such that JWT token validation can be remove from our APIs (simplify our maintenance)
- Put our EKS cluster and infrastructure services under CI/CD: central repository, CI/CD integration, among others
Technical Skills to boost your game:
- Experience with Kubernetes, EKS and deployment processes
- Knowledge of CI/CD practices and tools
- Experience with Node.js and Typescript
- Experience with Python
- Basic experience with Angular
- Basic PostgreSQL knowledge
Soft skills that you master
- Industry Knowledge: you are up-to-date to the latest trends on both gaming industry and game production;
- Initiative: You are self-motivated and very proactive being able to take decisions based on product priorities;
- Ambitious Achievement Orientation: You are ambitious and are driven to accomplish goals;
- Building a safe environment: You are an active listener, and you do your best to maintain the “safe space”in which people can freely express themselves;
- Continuous Feedback: You understand the importance of giving and receiving honest feedback in order to boost learning, performance and trust for everyone;
- Innovation: You propose creative ideas and perspectives during discussions; – Problem-Solving: Sh*t happens, right? The important thing is to assess your options, take a decision and learn from it, so to prevent it from happening again;
- Quality Orientation: you always try to develop and release the best quality possible;
- Teamwork: We believe that cooperation and transparency are the main ingredients to cook the “success recipe”. You leave your ego out of the door and let the bigger purpose guide you;
- Operational Planning: You translate features into technical tasks, manage the release schedule according to Producer planning and has a key role in resolving possible dependencies between technical requirements, tasks, and activities;
- Work ethic: You act with honesty and integrity and exhibit hard work and diligence;
- Detail orientation: Performs work with care, accuracy, and attention to detail.
Power-ups to have more fun
- Smart Working policy.
- A young, dynamic, and friendly work environment in which you will have the opportunity to grow personally and professionally, thanks to our amazing team.
- Amazing HQ office in the center of Milan (M2 – Stazione Garibaldi).
- English courses provided by a native teacher (related to your english level)
- Monthly Product/Design/Marketing/Tech panels to be aligned with all departments’ results.
- Amazing workstation with the latest MacBook Pro and a Display Screen (Whatever makes you work better is welcome!)
- A topnotch contract proposal.
- Ticket restaurant when working from the office.
- Free Water & Coffee; once a month pizza lunch all together.
- Flexible work hours.
- Internal Team Building events.
- Relax Area with Sofà, Foosball Table, and Board Games.