Would you like to play with us?
As a Game Server Developer, you will:
- be working in a small, agile team focused on designing and developing our game backend;
- develop and maintain the game’s features and services code on Nakama that can safely handle a growing userbase;
- be accountable for the development, testing, and release of your tasks, according to the internal roadmap;
- manage and organize your tasks within the times expected, with respect to the whole team.
- Architecture design, API design, data modeling;
- Assist in the deployment of game updates;
- Task creation and estimation: Splitting each feature into tasks and estimate the effort request on all tasks;
- Work on development task: Work on your own tasks, respecting the deadlines, warning in case of delays/advance, guaranteeing their closure in agreement with the producer;
- Self Testing: Write the tests to allow the Q&A department to perform them and support it in closing the test;
- Bug Fixing: Make sure the feature is free of bugs and, if not, fix them.
Soft skills that you master
- Industry Knowledge: you are up-to-date to the latest trends on both gaming industry and game production;
- Initiative: You are self-motivated and very proactive being able to take decisions based on product priorities;
- Ambitious Achievement Orientation: You are ambitious and are driven to accomplish goals;
- Building a safe environment: You are an active listener, and you do your best to maintain the “safe space”in which people can freely express themselves;
- Continuous Feedback: You understand the importance of giving and receiving honest feedback in order to boost learning, performance and trust for everyone;
- Innovation: You propose creative ideas and perspectives during discussions; – Problem-Solving: Sh*t happens, right? The important thing is to assess your options, take a decision and learn from it, so to prevent it from happening again;
- Quality Orientation: you always try to develop and release the best quality possible;
- Teamwork: We believe that cooperation and transparency are the main ingredients to cook the “success recipe”. You leave your ego out of the door and let the bigger purpose guide you;
- Operational Planning: You translate features into technical tasks, manage the release schedule according to Producer planning and has a key role in resolving possible dependencies between technical requirements, tasks, and activities;
- Work ethic: You act with honesty and integrity and exhibit hard work and diligence;
- Detail orientation: Performs work with care, accuracy, and attention to detail.
Technical Skills to boost your game:
- Good knowledge of functional programming;
- Knowledge of Typescript;
- Knowledge of Software Design Patterns
- Good knowledge of SQL (PostgreSQL);
- Knowledge of using NoSQL databases;
- Experience with Docker;
- Good command of Git;
- Knowledge of Unit Testing;
- Nice to have:
- Knowledge of Unity3D
- Knowledge of Go
- Knowledge of Nakama
Power-ups to have more fun
- Smart Working policy.
- A young, dynamic, and friendly work environment in which you will have the opportunity to grow personally and professionally, thanks to our amazing team.
- Amazing HQ office in the center of Milan (M2 – Stazione Garibaldi).
- English courses provided by a native teacher (related to your english level)
- Monthly Product/Design/Marketing/Tech panels to be aligned with all departments’ results.
- Amazing workstation with the latest MacBook Pro and a Display Screen (Whatever makes you work better is welcome!)
- A topnotch contract proposal.
- Ticket restaurant when working from the office.
- Free Water & Coffee; once a month pizza lunch all together.
- Flexible work hours.
- Internal Team Building events.
- Relax Area with Sofà, Foosball Table, and Board Games.