Hello there, nice to see you
If you want to entertain millions of people through mobile games and have fun while doing it… become our new Producer!
You will own the vision of the game and will manage the product together with your team, this means that you will need to have an understanding of where we are today (business), where we want to go (vision), what is preventing us from getting there and what actions are needed to get there (roadmap).You’ll be responsible for the game development and performance, team engagement and player satisfaction. You will lead a 5-6 cross-functional team of people responsible for driving customer-facing and back-end features from a strategic level towards UI/UX design and development on the entire product life cycle. You will report to the Head of Products.
Your role at Whatwapp
As a manager, you are expected to own the company:
- Vision: design and foster, along with CEOs and management team, the company vision across both inner and outer teams through products.
- Strategy: start with the company main goal, translate it into product strategy and explode it into actionable steps to be implemented with the rest of the team.
Our Company Vision & Strategy splits in 4 main areas, for each of which you’ll be accountable:
1) Team growth & People management: full responsibility on team engagement, work ethic and cooperation. People management: foster people growth, set career paths, manage performance and behaviours of team members.
2) Product management: you’ll be in charge of the P&L, the financial forecast and the roadmap of the product. Define the priority, the quality needed and the timing of both new features and technical maintenance of the game in order to achieve the product’s goals.
3) Project management: organize the release/sprint planning by exploding the roadmap product features into tasks. Coordinate, prioritize activities and enhance team communication in order to help it meet its deadlines and guarantee the highest quality standards.
4) Game Design: ownership of the feature and economy design of the game by running pre and post release analysis, developing feature balance sheets and design documents.
Skills we are looking for
- Vision&Strategy – Propose challenging and ambitious goals for Whatwapp;
- Building a safe environment – Promote and foster a culture in which every role is necessary and brings value to the team & the product;
- Building teams – Cultivate human bond among team members, team leaders included and foster an informal environment of fun & cooperation, in order to maximize the expression of the individual professional competences;
- People Management – Communicate effectively, translate company goals into personal KPIs, define team behaviors, find the motivational lever for every person in your team, inspire them to reach their full potential and lead by example;
- People Development – Provides support, coaching, training, and career direction to peers and subordinates;
- Continuous Feedback – Understand the importance of giving and receiving honest feedback in order to boost learning, performance and trust for everyone;
- Innovation – Generates & promotes creative ideas and perspectives into vision&strategy discussions;
- Industry Knowledge – Being always up to date on new trends, mechanics and competitors is the only way to play in a constantly evolving market;
- Operational Planning – Translate the roadmap features into tasks, plan the releases and solve the possible dependencies between tasks, activities and people;
- Problem Solving – Make sure that unexpected events are correctly managed according to the end goal of the product;
- Strategic Planning – Being able to translate ideas into an achievable and actionable plan that matches the company & product goals;
- Teamwork – Foster and share learnings from successes and failures among peers, team members and different functions;
- Understanding Data – Use a data oriented approach to create, balance features & make decisions accordingly;
- Risk Management – Always A/B test and ensure that disruptive/important changes are handled with minimum risk;
Technical Skills to boost your game:
- At least 3+ years of successful experience as a people manager;
- At least 3+ years as a product manager of a live digital B2C product;
- Past experience as a project manager;
- Previous experience working with Agile/Lean methodologies;
- Real passion for games & product development;
- Capable of speaking the language of technical professionals such as game developers and UX/UI designers;
- Fluent in English language;
Nice to have:
- Bachelor/Master degree;
- Experience managing a full mobile game lifecycle from ideation to post- launch production (Live Ops);
- Understanding &/or experience of F2P business model
You might love it here…
- Smart Working policy.
- A young, dynamic and friendly work environment in which you will have the opportunity to grow personally and professionally, thanks to our amazing team.
- Amazing HQ office in the center of Milan (M2 – Stazione Garibaldi).
- Monthly Product/Design/Marketing/Tech panels to be aligned with all departments’ results.
- Amazing workstation with the latest MacBook Pro and a Display Screen (Whatever makes you work better is welcome!)
- A topnotch contract proposal.
- Ticket restaurant when working from the office.
- Free Water & Coffe; once a month pizza lunch all together.
- Flexible work hours.
- Internal Team Building events.
- Relax Area with Sofà, Fooseball Table, and Board Games.