Hello there, nice to see you
To support our growth and reach 100 million players worldwide, we are looking for a talented Senior Game Developer in the city of Milan.
He/She will work on project features, live ops, R&D, architecture and infrastructure.
Your role at Whatwapp
- You will translate complex product requirements into maintainable technical solutions.
- You will design, architect, test, and implement game features taking an active part in-game creation.
- You will maintain and optimize new and existing game features.
- As a Mentor, you will provide feedback to other team members and delivering training sessions.
Skills we are looking for
- University degree (preferably in Informatics, IT, Computer Science or similar);
- At least 5 years of previous work experience as Game Developer or Backend Developer;
- Excellent knowledge of Unity, including experience with scripting, textures, animation, GUI styles, and user session management;
- A portfolio of commercial game titles under your belt. Ideally, 1 or more shipped using Unity.
- Experience in delivering apps for Android/IOS;
- Strong understanding of data structures and design patterns;
- Past experience on mobile product development;
Nice to have:
- Experience with scripting languages (e.g. js, Typescript);
- Expertise in working with large codebases and interfacing with complex systems;
- Experience with Scrum/Kanban, Agile methodologies;
- Good Knowledge of “Git” versioning tool;
- Familiarity with optimization issues;
You might love it here…
- Smart Working policy.
- A young, dynamic and friendly work environment in which you will have the opportunity to grow personally and professionally, thanks to our amazing team.
- Amazing HQ office in the center of Milan (M2 – Stazione Garibaldi).
- Monthly Product/Design/Marketing/Tech panels to be aligned with all departments’ results.
- Amazing workstation with the latest MacBook Pro and a Display Screen (Whatever makes you work better is welcome!)
- A topnotch contract proposal.
- Ticket restaurant when working from the office.
- Free Water & Coffe; once a month pizza lunch all together.
- Flexible work hours.
- Internal Team Building events.
- Relax Area with Sofà, Fooseball Table, and Board Games.